we have the answers
Frequently Asked Questions
Here at BluGuard Security, we have decades of experience in the security industry and are very knowledgeable in the different elements of security. Below are a few of the most commonly asked questions. If you are unable to find the answers you need, we are always available and more than happy to answer any of your questions.
Still Have Questions?
BluGuard Security offers a few different options to choose from before your move.
- Take advantage of our BluGuard Security moving program and transfer your service to your new location.
- Allow the new homeowner to assume the responsibilities of your current contract.
- Transfer your contract to someone else. For this option, refer to the information below.
- You can simply pay off any remaining balance.
Brinks Home Security™ sets up moving customers with a new security system, including undisturbed monitoring service, for free. Our move program includes free equipment, free installation, free activation and free extended service. Your monthly rate will remain the same unless you choose to add additional services.
Contact Brinks Home Security™ and speak with a Move Specialist (press option 2, and then option 4). They can assist you with transferring your monitoring service to your new location. Simply provide us with your new address, new phone number, and other contact information to begin a service transfer.
New Monitoring Service
Changing Phone Service
Your alarm needs a way to communicate with our Alarm Response Center. If you’re thinking about switching, you should call Brinks Home Security™ to discuss your options. We want you to be fully informed before you make the switch.
BluGuard Security systems not only give you peace of mind but will also help to discourage burglars from attempting any break-ins. When police departments respond to false alarms, it increases their workload, making it harder for them to respond to actual crimes.
Follow the checklist below to help decrease false alarms. Remember only you can prevent false alarms.
- Become familiar with using your security system.
- Be aware of the outcome when the panic button is pressed.
- When you give someone access to your home make sure they have the correct code and know how to use your alarm system.
- Perform monthly system tests.
- Be aware of common causes for false alarms to occur. One reason can be arming your alarm system before securing all windows and doors. Also, loose pets inside when your motion detectors are activated can cause false alarms.
- Replace the batteries in your alarm system as often as recommended by the manufacturer.
- Let us know before you begin any remodeling.
- Cover all smoke detectors before any major cleaning or repairs.